Wednesday 11 April 2012

Trollbloods - Starting Out

Whumpf. Fresh on the heels of finishing the Forces of Hordes: Trollbloods I found myself down my local games store looking through their selection of Trollblood units to see if I could find a) any of the units that I had originally earmarked or b) any units that caught my eye.

Part a of the plan went relatively smoothly with the Warpack box set and Fell Caller Hero found and safely tucked under my arm. Part b took a lot of restraint as the Trollblood models are all so damn nice looking.

Once I had returned home I opened up the Warpack box and took a quick photo to show exactly what you get in the set. The main bulk is taken up by two plastic trays that contain the bits required to build Chieftain Madrak Ironhide, an Axer and two Impalers. All of them are of relatively easy construction and the pieces can only go together one way, which is handy.

Madrak comes in three pieces (head, body and right arm), while the light warbeasts come in 5/6 pieces (legs, body, head, left arm as general for the Axer/Impaler with the Axer having his axe and the Impaler having his right hand spear and spear quiver).

Also included in the box set are five colour cards with rules and stats for each of the units in the box along with a set of quick start rules (which will come in handy for my first game later on this week).

As you can see in the photo to the right, the Fell Caller comes again with the colour stat card, while the model this time is in four pieces, all of which are easy to locate positionally on the model without needing to look at any photos to work out what you're supposed to be doing.

Once I have finished these five trollkin, it will be time to expand to a unit of Fennblades, then onto a Dire Troll of some description (probably Earthborn) then some unit attachments for the Fenns or a couple more solos. Largely though, my next movements in Hordes will be dictated by two things: my feelings after playing a few games and what models are capturing my attention the most. So who knows what way I'll end up going?

As long as the army stays along the route of a close combat machine and looks good I'll be a happy bunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment it is very much appreciated. I hope to hear more from you in the future!

Popular Posts