Tuesday 13 November 2012

How I Paint my Pink Armour.

As I was asked about the armour I painted on the Helbrute of my previous post, I thought I would get down and put up a quick tutorial on how I did it.

It is hopefully very straightforward and all you need is:

Screamer Pink
Squid Pink (Emperor's Children in the new paints)
Carroburg Crimson.

With these paints amassed it is time to sit down with the model and get some painting done.

First we paint all the areas we want to be pink with Screamer Pink. Try to get a good, solid smooth coat for the base layer.

Next we take the Squid Pink and paint all those areas again, leaving a very small gap between the armour and the trim still showing the Screamer Pink. For my liking, this is too pink, so on to the next step.

Using the Carroburg Crimson, wash over all the armour plates and allow the model to dry. Sometimes I would be happy to leave it there, or see how it looked once the rest of the model was painted, but I took another couple of steps...

Using Squid Pink again, add in highlights on the raised and prominent areas.

Using the Carroburg Crimson, add a light wash around the edges along the trim of the armour and it is all done.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks! A nice simple tutorial without having to mix trillions of paints together.

    Much appreciated

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment it is very much appreciated. I hope to hear more from you in the future!

Popular Posts